Tucker Sounds Alarm that US May Restore Some Funding to WHO, Trump Confirms One of Options They Are Considering


tucker

When President Donald Trump said that he was going to withhold money from the World Health Organization because of their failures and falsehoods over the Wuhan coronavirus, that was great call for accountability.

Tucker Carlson said that Trump may be considering giving them some money after all.

Carlson says the show has acquired a draft letter indicating that the Trump administration might restore at least part of the money. The idea behind the letter was not to completely restore the $400 million that we had been giving them, but give them the same amount that China had been giving them, which at the moment is about 1/10th that.

From Hot Air:

“Despite [its] shortcomings, I believe that the WHO still has tremendous potential, and want to see the WHO live up to this potential, particularly now during this global crisis” the draft letter reads, apparently in President Trump’s voice.

“That is why I’ve decided the United States will continue to partner and work with the WHO …” it adds. “China owes a massive debt to the entire world, and it can start with paying its fair share to the WHO.”

“If China increases its funding to the WHO,” the letter adds, “we will consider matching those increases.”

As Carlson points out, WHO claimed even into February that there was no need for travel restrictions. Fortunately, Trump didn’t listen to them and cut off travel with China on Jan. 31. They had already falsely claimed on Jan. 14 that there wasn’t evidence the virus could spread person to person, according to China. “That killed people,” Tucker said. He also reminded people of the recent German intelligence report that China told WHO to delay calling it a pandemic and delay putting out information about its transmissibility.

The letter requires some changes from WHO:

Trump calls for “commonsense reforms” in the letter and “a universal review mechanism to publicly report on member state compliance with International Health Regulations … including timely and effective declarations of Public Health Emergencies of International Concern.” Tedros must also agree to stop allowing political pressure to influence public health decisions.

Dr. Marc Siegel was on with Tucker and was opposed to this proposal. Siegel described top officials at the WHO “thugs” and “international villains”.

He was clear to separate the top officials from the “worker bees”, as was Carlson. He also pointed out that Tedros isn’t a medical doctor. Siegel wants Trump to insist on a huge overhaul at the WHO before signing on to payments to the organization. [….] He thinks officials should be prosecuted in an international court. They “aided and abetted the spread of the virus”.

Trump has now confirmed the proposal is real, but said this is only one of the things being considered and that they haven’t made a final decision yet.

People have to make it loud and clear that the money should not be returned until there is an investigation and anyone involved or being compromised by China is purged. The problems have been going on there for years, it didn’t just start now and unless it changes immediately we can have the next pandemic they lie about very soon. We need to stop, completely, the mechanism which left us in the position we are in now.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *