President TrumpDonald John TrumpJudge rules to not release Russia probe documents over Trump tweets Trump and advisers considering firing FBI director after election: WaPo Obama to campaign for Biden in Florida MORE on Thursday posted his full interview with “60 Minutes” ahead of its scheduled air time in an attempt to undercut the news program after he bristled at questioning from journalist Lesley Stahl.
The president posted the nearly 40-minute sit down to his Facebook page with the caption: “Look at the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS.”
“Tonight’s anchor, Kristen Welker, is far worse!” Trump added, referencing the NBC News anchor who will moderate the presidential debate in Nashville.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 22, 2020
Trump abruptly ended the interview with Stahl before a scheduled walk-and-talk with the president and vice president.
During the interview he complains repeatedly that Stahl did not ask tough questions of Democratic nominee Joe BidenJoe BidenTrump and advisers considering firing FBI director after election: WaPo Obama to campaign for Biden in Florida Supreme Court reinstates ban on curbside voting in Alabama MORE, to which Stahl responds she did not interview Biden.
“I think we have enough. We have enough,” Trump says in the clip, moving to end the interview.
“I think we’re ready for the vice president now,” a production assistant says off camera.
“Ok, that’s enough. Let’s go,” Trump says.
CBS News said earlier this week that the White House agreed that they would tape the interview “for archival purposes only.” A CBS representative did not immediately return a request for comment on Thursday.