Giuliani says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine despite testing negative for COVID-19


President TrumpDonald John TrumpTrump and Biden’s plans would both add to the debt, analysis finds Trump says he will back specific relief measures hours after halting talks Trump lashes out at FDA over vaccine guidelines MORE’s personal attorney Rudy GiulianiRudy GiulianiState Department revokes visa of Giuliani-linked Ukrainian ally: report Man who conspired with 9/11 hijackers sues Trump and US officials alleging ‘cover up’ Christie tests positive for COVID-19 after helping Trump with debate preparation MORE says he is taking hydroxychloroquine despite testing negative twice for the coronavirus.

Giuliani, speaking on Bloomberg TV, was asked about his Monday interview on Fox News when he coughed several times on air as he criticized Democratic presidential nominee Joe BidenJoe BidenTrump and Biden’s plans would both add to the debt, analysis finds Trump says he will back specific relief measures hours after halting talks Chance the Rapper, Demi Lovato to play digital concert to encourage voting MORE for encouraging the use of face masks.

The Trump confidant, who said he was tested for the virus two hours before his Fox News appearance, tweeted Tuesday that the test came back negative. It was the second negative test for the former New York City mayor, and he said he plans to get tested again Friday.

Giuliani told Bloomberg TV that while he has not tested positive for the virus, his doctor prescribed hydroxychloroquine as a preventative measure. Giuliani, who called his doctor “a genius,” also said he’s taking zinc.

Trump has promoted antimalarials hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, a similar drug, as possible COVID-19 treatments, and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an emergency use authorization for the drugs in March. At one point, Trump claimed he was taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventative measure.

Since then, multiple studies have found that the drugs have no benefit against COVID-19, and the FDA revoked the emergency authorization in June due to serious safety issues.

Giuliani was among several advisers who assisted Trump with his preparation for the first presidential debate, held Sept. 29 in Cleveland. Several members among that group have since tested positive for coronavirus, including former White House counselor Kellyane Conway, White House adviser Hope HicksHope Charlotte HicksOvernight Defense: Top military officers quarantine after positive COVID case | Distracted pilot, tech issues led to F-35 crash Stephen Miller tests positive for COVID-19 Military officers quarantined as top Coast Guard official tests positive for COVID-19 MORE and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R).

“I feel very bad for them,” Giuliani said Wednesday. “I almost feel a little guilty.”

 





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *