Antifa’s violent activity in Portland ratchets up, but doesn’t end well

Get the latest BPR news delivered free to your inbox daily. SIGN UP HERE

CHECK OUT for best SWAG!

The latest wave of destruction wrought by Antifa in Portland was met with a fitting ending after federal officers swept in and made multiple arrests.

After more than 100 consecutive nights of protests in the besieged Oregon city, demonstrators took their protests to residential neighborhoods, vandalized property, knocked down a statue and threw rocks at a federal building all in one night. But as Monday night’s activities pressed into the early morning hours of Tuesday, protesters were left whining about being shut down by police.

After violent demonstrators who had gathered outside the ICE facility in Portland began to throw rocks at the building, federal officers moved in to make arrests. The leftists could be heard in video posted by journalist Andy Ngo, complaining that they weren’t doing anything wrong.

The Antifa crowd was met with swift and targeted police action after a long night of violent activities throughout the Portland area.

**WARNING: Language**

Earlier, crowds of leftist protesters marched through a neighborhood shouting and shining lights in to homes in an effort to wake up residents after midnight.

“Wake up motherf**er, wake up!” they yelled, as seen in video shared on Twitter by journalist Sergio Olmos.

Near the Portland Police Association building, a pro-law enforcement billboard was spray-painted and then set ablaze later that night.

Portland Police reported that a group gathered at Arbor Lodge Park in North Portland in a planned march to the Police Association building which has been repeatedly targeted by the anarchists. Some of the crowd had shields and masks with them, police noted and others blocked roads.

“The group used A-frame traffic signs to also block North Lombard. Some in the crowd climbed onto business roofs in the area,” the police report stated. “At 11:15 someone started a fire on a billboard next to the PPA office. The fire burned the attached advertisement as the rest of the structure appeared to remain unaffected by the fire. The fire appeared to extinguish itself.”

The police building was vandalized with graffiti that included threatening messages aimed at Democratic Mayor Ted Wheeler and President Donald Trump, among others.

The statue of newspaper editor Harvey Scott was also targeted by rioters at Mount Tabor.

Ngo noted that this was the seventh statue to be knocked down or damaged in the city.

Amid the violence, there happened to be some unexpected sights as well.

Frieda Powers

Senior Staff Writer
[email protected]

Originally from New York, Powers graduated from New York University and eventually made her way to sunny South Florida where she has been writing for the BizPacReview team since 2015.

Frieda Powers

Latest posts by Frieda Powers (see all)

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *